In 1958 several local residents attended a meeting in the change rooms at Charles Riley Reserve with an Agenda to form a Lawn Bowls Club in the area. George Flick was elected President, JAH (Bill) Boyle Snr Vice President and Bernie Saunders elected Secretary. Prior to the establishing of a ``Green``, members bowled on the turf of Charles Riley Reserve and refreshed themselves at the Castle Hotel.
Due to the efforts of the Sub-Committee the members were allocated Lot 7 Swan Location 7063 in Kitchener Street North Beach to establish a Club House and Greens. To achive this a successful application was made to the Perth Road Board for a grant of twenty thousand pounds, on the proviso that the members raised five thousand pounds.